AUSTRALIA: Dairy farmer first to take WAFF to court over deregulation
A dairy farmer from West Australia (WA) has taken the WA Farmers' Federation (WAFF) to court in what has proven to be a landmark case that the authorities fear could open the floodgates to compensation claims deriving from the deregulation of the dairy industry in July last year. In a submission to the WA Supreme Court last week, 62-year-old Pino Gangemi accused the farm lobby group of mis-representing his interests in pushing for deregulation, and causing him the loss of his A$210,000 (US$105,000) a year livelihood overnight.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review