CANADA: Dairy farmers allowed to keep subsidies, says WTO
Dairy farmers in Canada have won a long-running dispute over subsidies, after a World Trade Organisation (WTO) appeal body in Geneva finally overturned a ruling that viewed the giving of aid to Canada's dairy producers as providing unfair trade advantages to the country's exporters. The ruling, made last July, threatened to enable the US and New Zealand to levy more than US$1bn in trade sanctions against Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth