AUSTRALIA: Dairy Farmers posts disastrous plummet in profits
Australia's Dairy Farmers Co-operative has posted a disastrous 97% plummet in full year profit after tax and outside equity interests to A$773,000 (US$385,310), caused by the deregulation of the dairy industry and spiralling milk prices. In the same year period, to 30 June 2001, sales also dropped to A$1.2bn from A$1.3bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project