INDIA: Dairy firm Kwality cools stake sale claims, admits expansion plans
Indian dairy Kwality is looking to expand
Indian dairy group Kwality has attempted to cool claims it is in talks to sell a stake in the business - although the company has admitted it is looking to raise funds for expansion.
A report in The Times of India said Kwality, which owns brands including Dairy Best, was in negotiations to sell up to 15% of the firm to Rabo Equity Advisors, the private-equity arm of Rabobank.
However, publicly-listed Kwality said there had been "no discussion with Rabo Equity Advisors in recent months to offload our stake".
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Kwality said: "Our company is in phase of expansion, and is scouting various opportunities to raise funds through debt/equity. But so far nothing has been finalised. We are speaking to some funds/investors but these discussions are at early stage and no negotiations have happened or proposal for investment has been received."
The company added its AGM, held in September, had passed a resolution to raise funds through "various instruments" including through equity up to a limit of INR10bn (US$160.6m).
Canadean's "Kwality Group: Foodservice - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights