CANADA: Dairy-free firm Daiya Foods names Tierney CEO
Tierney started career at Kraft
Canadian dairy-free group Daiya Foods has appointed director Terry Tierney as CEO to "propel the company to the next level of strategic growth".
Tierney, a Daiya director since 2011, has worked as president and CEO of Allegro Coffee, chief marketing officer of Frontier Natural Brands and set up Rocky Mountain Natural Foods.
He replaces Daiya co-founder Greg Blake as chief executive of the Vancouver-based business, which was established in 2008.
"Terry has a long track-record of leading companies through various growth stages even while serving as a director for Daiya," Blake said.
Daiya said it had doubled its production capacity to meet demand and the forecast growth in the sector. The company has moved into other segments, including pizza, and recently launched Daiya Pizza, a dairy-free line it says is an industry first.
Officials at Daiya did not respond to a request for information on Blake's future role at the business.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units