FRANCE: Dairy giant Sodiaal completes merger with 3A
Sodiaal has completed a merger with counterpart 3A
Dairy firm Sodiaal has today (8 January 2014) confirmed the completion of a merger with counterpart 3A following the deal being announced by just-food in June 2013.
The deal allows Sodiaal and 3A to join forces ahead of "a context of change" in the dairy sector with the end of EU milk quotas around 2015 read a statement at the time.
The merger is expected to take Sodiaal's annual revenues to more than EUR5bn (US$6.8bn).
3A has a broad portfolio of cheeses including Massif Central AOC such as Fourme, Bleu, Cantal, Saint-Nectaire as well as Roquefort and AOC Brie de Meaux and Munster.
Its business also extends to yogurt-making, patisserie, frozen deli products and whey.
Dairy in Taiwan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
Dairy in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
Synopsis Baby Food France examines the trends in the baby food market for 2006-2012, with forecasts to 2018. It examines how live birth rates, breastfeeding trends, the economic crisis, new product an...
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods