FRANCE: Dairy giant Sodiaal completes merger with 3A
Sodiaal has completed a merger with counterpart 3A
Dairy firm Sodiaal has today (8 January 2014) confirmed the completion of a merger with counterpart 3A following the deal being announced by just-food in June 2013.
The deal allows Sodiaal and 3A to join forces ahead of "a context of change" in the dairy sector with the end of EU milk quotas around 2015 read a statement at the time.
The merger is expected to take Sodiaal's annual revenues to more than EUR5bn (US$6.8bn).
3A has a broad portfolio of cheeses including Massif Central AOC such as Fourme, Bleu, Cantal, Saint-Nectaire as well as Roquefort and AOC Brie de Meaux and Munster.
Its business also extends to yogurt-making, patisserie, frozen deli products and whey.
French dairy giant Sodiaal has reported higher sales and profits for 2013, boosted by recent mergers and its cheese business....
Dairy in Taiwan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
Dairy in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare