CHINA: Dairy producer Yili reports 30% profit increase
China's leading dairy producer Yili Industry Group Co has announced a 30% year-on-year profit increase in 2005, with profits climbing to CNY492m (US$61.5m).
The operating turnover of the Shanghai-listed company rose 39.77% to CNY12.175bn, Xinhua's China Economic Information Service reported today (13 February).
Newly acquired markets led to a 20% increase in sales the company said.
Chairman Pan Gang said Yili hopes to be one of the top ten dairy producers in the world by 2010.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery