Dairy sales, profits up at Fraser and Neave
Higher sales pushed up profits from F&N's dairy business
Sinagpore-based dairy-to-drinks group Fraser and Neave has reported higher revenue and profits from its dairy business in the first quarter of its financial year.
F&N said earnings from its dairy arm jumped 20% to S$19.5m (US$14.4m) for the three months to the end of December. Revenue grew 10% to S$299m.
"The robust performance from Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand was attributed to effective promotional and trade management activities which resulted in higher consumer off-take," F&N said.
Last month, F&N secured a licensing deal with Nestle to manufacture and distribute the Carnation, Bear Brand, Bear Brand Gold, Ideal Milk and Milkmaid products in ASEAN countries.
The licences are for a period of 11 years and seven months, with a right to extend for a term of ten years until the end of January 2037. The agreement extends the terms of the licensing deal struck in 2007 when F&N acquired Nestle's canned, UHT and fresh dairy business in Thailand.
Nestlé France SA recorded stagnation in 2013 and modest progression in 2014 and 2015. The French subsidiary of the Switzerland-based multinational consumer goods giant has experienced a promising nasc...
Earlier, halal food were prepared for Muslims, but now they are consumed globally by people of all religions and ethnic backgrounds as they are known for their safety, hygiene, and ethical quality, an...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image