USA: Dairy.com announces successful launch of e-market pilot
Today, Dairy.com, an independent, neutral Internet exchange serving the dairy industry, announced the successful launch of its e-market pilot. The pilot includes several of the founding partners of Dairy.com and will validate the site's functionality prior to opening the site to the entire dairy industry in March 2001. Seven companies, 66 plants and 69 traders and schedulers are involved in the pilot. The first trade was transacted on January 17 between Land O'Lakes and Suiza Foods. To date, approximately $500,000 of cream has been transacted through the site.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery