DENMARK: Dandy to sell gum brands to Cadbury Schweppes - reports
Acquisitive UK confectionery and soft drinks company Cadbury Schweppes is close to extending its chewing gum portfolio in Denmark. The Bagger-Soeresen family, which owns the Danish chewing gum manufacturer Dandy A/S, told Dow Jones Newswires that it is close to finalising an agreement to sell parts of its business to Cadbury Schweppes. "We're still in talks but whether we'll reach a deal this week or the next I can't say yet," owner Holger Bagger-Soerensen said. We're close but still have a few issues left to be sorted out."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's