DENMARK: Dandy to sell gum brands to Cadbury Schweppes - reports
Acquisitive UK confectionery and soft drinks company Cadbury Schweppes is close to extending its chewing gum portfolio in Denmark.
The Bagger-Soeresen family, which owns the Danish chewing gum manufacturer Dandy A/S, told Dow Jones Newswires that it is close to finalising an agreement to sell parts of its business to Cadbury Schweppes. "We're still in talks but whether we'll reach a deal this week or the next I can't say yet," owner Holger Bagger-Soerensen said. We're close but still have a few issues left to be sorted out."
The deal needs to be agreed by 7 July, Bagger-Soerensens added. The two groups have been in discussions since April.
It is unclear how much the deal might be worth, or which brands it would include. The world's fourth largest chewing gum company, Dandy makes the Stimorol, Dirol and V6 brands and last year reported sales worth DKr2.2bn (US$0.29bn).
Iconic US chocolate maker Hershey Foods is in the midst of a transformation process. Its aim? To diversify into the snack food market in order to expand beyond its core chocolate business. With new pr...
UK confectionery and soft drinks giant Cadbury Schweppes has said that it is unlikely to meet its profit margin goal for 2005....
UK confectionery firm Cadbury Trebor Bassett, part of confectionery and soft drinks giant Cadbury Schweppes, has issued a recall for its Bassett's Milky Babies because packs may contain pieces of plas...
Confectionery and drinks company Cadbury Schweppes has reported a rise in sales and pre-tax profits for the half ended 19 June 2005, with growth led by Halls in an 'exceptional cough and cold season,"...
Confectioner Cadbury is launching a range of chocolate bars with under 99 calories....
Confectionery and drinks company Cadbury Schweppes will tell shareholders it has had a good start to the year at its AGM today (Thursday)....
UK confectionary and soft drinks group Cadbury Schweppes has bought organic chocolate brand Green & Black's....
UK confectionery and soft drinks company Cadbury Schweppes has announced that it is to invest £40m (US$75.16m) at its Bournville factory in Birmingham to meet the growing demand for its Cadbury Dairy ...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016