UK: Danepak moves into sausages
Tulip UK believes move will strengthen core bacon brand
Bacon producer Danepak has entered a new category with the launch of two sausage products for the UK market.
The sausages are available in Pork and Pork & Bacon varieties and will be sold in 475g packs of ten sausages with an RRP of GBP3.00 (US$4.34).
The launch will be supported by TV advertising as part of a GBP4m investment.
Sophie Colquhoun, marketing director of Tulip UK, said: “The addition of the two new sausages will offer consumers the opportunity to buy Danepak sausages for the first time, further strengthening our position as the UK’s favourite pork and bacon brand.”
Two Danone brands, Actimel and Activia, topped the list of the most-promoted food brands in the UK in November, according to the latest just-food Promo Tracker....
UK grocery retailer The Co-operative Group is running a Christmas promotional campaign offering savings and give-aways it says are worth GBP200m (US$312.4m)....
Tesco announced today (30 November) it will launch seven ethnic ranges in the UK this week....
The Co-operative has moved to 100% British wheat across its own-brand sliced bread range across all its stores in England, Wales and Scotland, the company has said....
As Ireland's economic crisis dominated the business pages, data on the country's grocery retail sector suggested it was returning to growth after months in the doldrums. However, will Dublin's IMF-bac...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund