DENMARK/FRANCE: Danisco acquires Rhodia's food ingredients unit
Danish food ingredients company Danisco has said it has bought the food ingredients business of French chemicals maker Rhodia.
Danisco said the total acquisition price is approximately DKK2.4bn (US$393m), with expected completion in May 2004 following the approval of the competition authorities. Rhodia's food ingredients business had total sales of DKK1.58bn and EBITDA of DKK150m in fiscal 2003.
"The acquisition of Rhodia food ingredients activities within texturants and speciality products will consolidate our position as the preferred partner to the food industry, and will create considerable value for our shareholders," says Alf Duch-Pedersen, CEO of Danisco.
Danish food and ingredients firm Danisco has announced a rise in income for the first quarter ended 31 July, but profits fell....
Danish food and ingredients firm has said the overall integration of Genencor following the takeover in April is on track, with the acquisition providing Danisco with an opportunity to strengthen its ...
Danish sugar and food ingredients firm Danisco has said its first harvest forecast indicates a sugar production slightly above the EU's sugar quotas....
Food ingredients company Danisco has announced that Tom Knutzen is to be its next CEO. He replaces Alf Duch-Pedersen, who as planned retires at the end of August 2006 when he turns 60....
Danish food ingredients firm Danisco has announced a rise in profit for the year to 30 April 2005 to 1.242bn Danish Kroner (US$203m), compared with 1.009bn the year before....
A group of Danish danish companies and scientific institutions are joining forces in a new research centre aimed at research and development within the field of healthy and safe foods, dairy group Arl...
Danish food ingredients firm Danisco announced today (Tuesday) that it will end sugar beet processing at its Kursenai facility as from the 2005 beet campaign....
Danish food ingredients firm Danisco has announced management changes designed to increase focus on the upcoming integration of Genencor and to secure a smooth management succession in the Danisco F...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020