DENMARK: Danisco embarks on sugar spin-off
Denmark-based ingredients giant Danisco has set the ball rolling for the spin-off of its sugar business, the company said today (4 March).
Danisco is looking to position Danisco Sugar as an independent entity and is hoping to complete the move by the end of the year.
"Danisco Sugar has a compelling future as an independent entity due to its strong cash flow generating characteristics that result from it having one of the most efficient sugar production platforms in Europe," said CEO Tom Knutzen.
EU reform of the sugar sector has hit the continent's sugar industry in recent months but Danisco is optimistic its business will see sales and margins improve this year.
The EU has renounced 2.5m tonnes of sugar in its latest round of sugar reductions, with a further cut expected by the end of March.
"We now anticipate greater clarity for the EU sugar market, and an improved balance between demand and supply," Danisco said.
"As a result of the improved sugar industry outlook, we raise our long-term financial target for Danisco Sugar to revenue of at least DKK6bn (US$1.2bn) and an EBIT margin - before special items and share-based payments - of at least 10%, to be achieved after the full implementation of the EU sugar reform."
Stonyfield, the largest organic yoghurt producer in the US, has joined forces with Danisco to boost its range of yogurt and yogurt beverages....
Danisco, the Denmark-based ingredients group, said today (21 July) that it had not received any approaches about a potential takeover amid talk that private equity group Apax Partners was eyeing the c...
Danisco, the Denmark-based ingredients group, has sold its sugar business to Germany's Nordzucker....
Danish ingredients company Dansico has posted a 6% rise in full-year profits and revealed that it is in the final phase of negotiations with bidders for its sugar division....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report