DENMARK: Danisco Flexible to be sold to new European market leader in flexible packaging
Danisco has today announced that it has agreed to merge its Flexible Packaging Division with the European flexible packaging activities of Amcor Ltd. (Amcor) and of AB Åkerlund & Rausing, part of A. Ahlstrom Corporation (Ahlstrom). The Joint Venture, which is subject to the approval of the European Union and other required regulatory approvals, will create the largest producer of flexible packaging in Europe, with estimated sales of EUR 1,100 million (DKK 8,000 million). The strategy is to derive substantial synergy benefits, particularly in the areas of greater plant focus, improved raw material purchasing, re-structured corporate and sales organisations and increased leverage from R&D spending.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast