DENMARK: Danisco Flexible to be sold to new European market leader in flexible packaging
Danisco has today announced that it has agreed to merge its Flexible Packaging Division with the European flexible packaging activities of Amcor Ltd. (Amcor) and of AB Åkerlund & Rausing, part of A. Ahlstrom Corporation (Ahlstrom). The Joint Venture, which is subject to the approval of the European Union and other required regulatory approvals, will create the largest producer of flexible packaging in Europe, with estimated sales of EUR 1,100 million (DKK 8,000 million). The strategy is to derive substantial synergy benefits, particularly in the areas of greater plant focus, improved raw material purchasing, re-structured corporate and sales organisations and increased leverage from R&D spending.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill