DENMARK: Danisco Flexible to be sold to new European market leader in flexible packaging
Danisco has today announced that it has agreed to merge its Flexible Packaging Division with the European flexible packaging activities of Amcor Ltd. (Amcor) and of AB Åkerlund & Rausing, part of A. Ahlstrom Corporation (Ahlstrom). The Joint Venture, which is subject to the approval of the European Union and other required regulatory approvals, will create the largest producer of flexible packaging in Europe, with estimated sales of EUR 1,100 million (DKK 8,000 million). The strategy is to derive substantial synergy benefits, particularly in the areas of greater plant focus, improved raw material purchasing, re-structured corporate and sales organisations and increased leverage from R&D spending.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target