NETHERLANDS: Danisco in negotiations for the sale of French fry plants in the Netherlands
Danisco A/S has initiated negotiations with the Dutch producer of frozen potato products, Lamb-Weston/Meijer v.o.f. (LWM) for the takeover of Danisco Foods' activities in frozen potatoes and French fries in the Netherlands under the brand name of Fri-d'Or®.The business in question is Danisco Foods (BT) B.V., which includes two Dutch plants located in Bergen op Zoom and in Tilburg. The prospective sale of the potato activities will affect 300 employees in the Netherlands of Danisco Foods' 850 employees.If the activities are sold to LWM, Danisco Foods will still comprise the following activities, which are set to be divested in separate parts: frozen bakery and condiments, including fried onions and marmalade. The brands include Bähncke®, Mette Munk® and Skælskør®.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project