NETHERLANDS: Danisco in negotiations for the sale of French fry plants in the Netherlands
Danisco A/S has initiated negotiations with the Dutch producer of frozen potato products, Lamb-Weston/Meijer v.o.f. (LWM) for the takeover of Danisco Foods' activities in frozen potatoes and French fries in the Netherlands under the brand name of Fri-d'Or®.The business in question is Danisco Foods (BT) B.V., which includes two Dutch plants located in Bergen op Zoom and in Tilburg. The prospective sale of the potato activities will affect 300 employees in the Netherlands of Danisco Foods' 850 employees.If the activities are sold to LWM, Danisco Foods will still comprise the following activities, which are set to be divested in separate parts: frozen bakery and condiments, including fried onions and marmalade. The brands include Bähncke®, Mette Munk® and Skælskør®.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw