NETHERLANDS: Danisco in negotiations for the sale of French fry plants in the Netherlands
Danisco A/S has initiated negotiations with the Dutch producer of frozen potato products, Lamb-Weston/Meijer v.o.f. (LWM) for the takeover of Danisco Foods' activities in frozen potatoes and French fries in the Netherlands under the brand name of Fri-d'Or®.The business in question is Danisco Foods (BT) B.V., which includes two Dutch plants located in Bergen op Zoom and in Tilburg. The prospective sale of the potato activities will affect 300 employees in the Netherlands of Danisco Foods' 850 employees.If the activities are sold to LWM, Danisco Foods will still comprise the following activities, which are set to be divested in separate parts: frozen bakery and condiments, including fried onions and marmalade. The brands include Bähncke®, Mette Munk® and Skælskør®.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix