DENMARK: Danisco posts disappointing Q2 profits and forecasts
Danish sugar producer Danisco today [Tuesday] reported earnings in the second quarter slightly ahead of market forecasts, but painted a negative picture for its food ingredients division. Consolidated group net profit climbed 9% to DKr256m (US$36.82m) compared with the year-ago period, reported Reuters. Net turnover in the quarter stood at DKr4.41bn while EBITA (earnings before interest, tax and amortisation) stood still at DKr627m, ahead of the expected DKr609m which emerged from a Reuters poll of analysts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units