DENMARK: Danisco to buyout Haarmann & Reimer?
Danish food ingredients and sweeteners giant Danisco is mulling the acquisition of German competitor Haarmann & Reimer, according to a report in Danish news magazine Okonomisk Ugebrev . Haarmann & Reimer, which is owned by German giant Bayer, is reported to be worth about DKK11bn (US$4.9bn) and IFF, Givaudan and Quest have all been named as possible contenders to any bid by Danisco.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre