UK: Danish Crown appoints Thomas as Tulip CEO
Thomas takes helm at Tulip
Danish Crown has named Adelie Foods chief Chris Thomas as CEO of its UK arm, Tulip.
Thomas has worked at Adelie since 2009, where he helped the group expand in the UK's food-to-go market. He also held previous management positions at Mars, PepsoCo and Bakkavor.
Commenting on the appointment acting CEO - and Danish Crown EVP - Flemming Enevoldsen said that the company had undertaken a "rigorous search" to identify a permanent chief executive for Tulip.
Thomas will take up the post on 15 May.
Chris Thomas New CEO of Tulip Ltd.
Tulip has confirmed the appointment of Chris Thomas to the role of Chief Executive Officer of its UK operation with effect from May 15th, 2013.
Chris will join Tulip from Adelie Foods where, in the position of CEO since 2009, he has been instrumental in establishing Adelie as one of the UK's leading food to go businesses, supplying the retail, coffee shop, travel and contract catering sectors.
Before joining Adelie, Chris held senior management positions with businesses including Mars, PepsiCo, St. Ivel and, most recently, as Managing Director at Bakkavor, during which time he has gained a broad wealth of experience across a range of disciplines including R&D, Supply Chain, Commercial and Operations.
Tulip Ltd's current CEO and Chairman Flemming Enevoldsen explains: "We have undertaken a rigorous search in order to find the right individual to lead the Tulip business here in the UK and I know that Chris' experience, customer relationships and value set make him a fantastic fit for our business."
"I will, of course, ensure an effective induction and handover before I return to Denmark and I am confident that Tulip Ltd will continue to strengthen its position under Chris' leadership."
Flemming Enevoldsen will relocate back to Denmark at the beginning of July where he will continue to work with the Danish Crown Group as Chairman of Tulip Ltd and CEO of DC Foods, which includes the four processing companies within the Danish Crown Group.
Chris Thomas comments: "I am absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to join a business of Tulip's expertise and scale and look forward to working with the team to build on the phenomenal growth it has enjoyed over recent years."
Original source: Danish Crown
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities