DENMARK: Danish wheat producers find silver lining to UK storm clouds
The detrimental effects of recent flooding on the supplies of UK wheat have left Danish producers with what one specialist trader called "a golden sales opportunity." UK wheat is normally cheaper than its Danish equivalent, but when bad weather led to logistical supply problems the prices rose and sparked demand for the Danish grains. "We can put our process up and still sell competitively," said a trader.The majority of the feed wheat exports, which were 10 crowns higher this week, are going to Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail