DENMARK: Danish wheat producers find silver lining to UK storm clouds
The detrimental effects of recent flooding on the supplies of UK wheat have left Danish producers with what one specialist trader called "a golden sales opportunity." UK wheat is normally cheaper than its Danish equivalent, but when bad weather led to logistical supply problems the prices rose and sparked demand for the Danish grains. "We can put our process up and still sell competitively," said a trader.The majority of the feed wheat exports, which were 10 crowns higher this week, are going to Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO