FRANCE: Danone and AmBev in Salus buyout
Last Friday (15 September), leading French foodmaker Danone and the Brazilian drinks company AmBev and the signed an agreement for the acquisition of the major 57.34% stake in the capital of Uruguayan brewer Compania Salus. The acquisition, to be bought on the Montevideo Bourse in October, was made through a joint company, in which Danone holds the major 73.75% share.With 430 employees and two plants, Salus net sales totalled US$30m last year. The company controls approximately 42% of the Uruguayan mineral water market and is the country's second largest brewer with 24% of the beer market. Its flagship products are in the "Patricia" brand.The buyout of this market leader is part of AmBev's strategy for international expansion, and will reinforce Danone's presence in Latin America.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016