FRANCE: Danone blossoms in Asia
Groupe Danone has reported a 9% consolidated sales increase at EUR3.5bn (US$4.3bn) in a thriving first quarter for the company - particularly in Asia.
Asian revenues reached EUR678m, a 17.9% increase compared to the EUR523m made in the first quarter last year. European sales totaled EUR2bn, climbing 4.3%.
Fresh dairy products sales were approximately EUR2bn, up 9.5% compared to EUR1.7bn in last year's fourth quarter. An 11.8% increase in beverages, at EUR947m, and 3.5% boost to biscuits and cereal products, at EUR597m, also contributed to the first quarter growth.
The company said its first quarter performance was in line with overall expectations and is a result of both continuing robust growth in Asia, Americas and Eastern Europe, and from an improvement in sales from French businesses.
Danone also confirmed its 2006 targets of like-for-like sales growth between 5% and 7% and low double-digit growth in underlying earnings per share.
If Danone Spain's shareholders where to exercise an option to sell their 44% stake in the company it would be worth at least EUR2bn (US$2.74bn), Spanish press has reported. The French food giant revea...
French dairy group Danone has confirmed that it intends to sell its Lu biscuit factory, located near Perigueux in the Dordogne department, to DPI....
France has begun investigating rumours of a bid by PepsiCo for Danone which sent shares in the food group rallying and gripped both shareholders and politicians, according to the Reuters news agency....
US drinks company Pepsico has told the French regulator AMF that it is not preparing a takeover of food company Danone, French newspaper Les Echos said in its edition to be published on Monday, accord...
French food company Groupe Danone, the subject of takeover speculation, has reported a rise in sales in the first half of 2005 to €6.437bn (US$7.8bn), compared with 6.257bn a year ago....
The French government is concerned by the possibility of a hostile takeover of dairy company Danone, and would defend French interests in that regard, said prime minister Dominique de Villepin, accord...
Dairy food group Danone has appointed group secretary general Philippe-Loïc Jacob and vice-president R&D Sven Thormahlen to the Groupe Danone executive committee, in a move designed to ensure that all...
H J Heinz Company has today (Monday) confirmed that it has signed a definitive agreement with Groupe Danone SA to acquire a number of leading culinary sauce brands for £470m (US$855m) in cash....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements