IRELAND: Danone brings trademark case against Glanbia
Ganbia launched the probiotic shot-sized yoghurt drink Yoplait Essence, which is manufactured under licence from Yoplait, last month. Danone contends that it has trademarked the use of the word 'essence' in yoghurt and dairy drinks, referring to the Bifidus Essensis yoghurt drink that it marketed in Ireland until 2004.
Geraldine Karney, Glandia spokesperson, said: "Legal proceedings have been started by our competitor Danone who claim that we have infringed a trademark. We are contesting this."
"We will continue to produce the Essence range while the case goes through commercial court and sales are going well," Karney added.
Glanbia Nutritionals, a division of Irish food company Glanbia, has announced the official opening of the Glanbia Group Innovation Centre in Kilkenny, by the Irish minister for enterprise, trade and e...
Dairy food group Danone has appointed group secretary general Philippe-Loïc Jacob and vice-president R&D Sven Thormahlen to the Groupe Danone executive committee, in a move designed to ensure that all...
Irish dairy company Glanbia has signed a joint venture agreement with Belgian Bongrain subsidiary Corman to manufacture and market dairy spreads and butterfat products, according to the Sunday Times n...
French food group Danone said on Monday that it planned to sell its Amoy sauce business in Asia, an asset that wasn't part of the sale of its sauce business to H J Heinz, according to the Dow Jones ne...
Biscuit-maker Poult has acquired Brittany-based family firm Panier Tanguy to become France's second biggest biscuit producer in the sector behind Danone's LU and the leading manufacturer of retailers'...
The board of food group Glanbia has elected Michael Walsh as chairman, succeeding Tom Corcoran who has retired as chairman and director of the company, according to a report on the Irish business webs...
Danone's French biscuit-making and cereal products arm, LU France, has signed a lease agreement with distribution facilities and services provider ProLogis to occupy two warehouses near Paris and Lyon...
HP Foods, maker of HP and Lea & Perrins sauces, has attracted at least three offers, valuing the company at up to £500m (US$906m), according to the Financial Times....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image