CHINA: Danone buys 5% stake in Shanghai Bright Dairy and Food
French food company Danone has purchased a 5% stake in China's largest dairy foods company, Shanghai Bright Dairy and Food . According to the Dairy giant the share sale was part of the company's preparation for a listing on the domestic stock exchange. The deal is also expected to bring advantages to the French giant, who described it as a joining of forces in the yoghurt and dairy dessert sector. Financial details of the deal have not been disclosed
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix