CHINA: Danone buys 5% stake in Shanghai Bright Dairy and Food
French food company Danone has purchased a 5% stake in China's largest dairy foods company, Shanghai Bright Dairy and Food . According to the Dairy giant the share sale was part of the company's preparation for a listing on the domestic stock exchange. The deal is also expected to bring advantages to the French giant, who described it as a joining of forces in the yoghurt and dairy dessert sector. Financial details of the deal have not been disclosed
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival