FRANCE: Danone Group Announces First-Half Earnings
The Group's provisional unaudited results for the first-half are as follows: Key figures 1st-half 1st-half Change 1st-half 2000 (EUR millions) 1999 2000 (FrF millions) Sales 6,847 7,254 +5.9% 47,582 Operating income 698 770 +10.2% 5,049 Operating margin 10.2% 10.6% + 40 bp 10.6% Net income (*) 341 352 +3.3% 2,311 Earnings per share (fully diluted): Excluding capital gains/losses Eur 2.12 Eur 2.50 +17.9% FrF 16.43 Excluding capital gains/losses and Depreciation of goodwill Eur 2.48 Eur 2.96 +19.4% FrF 19.44 (*):Net income for the first-half of 1999 included a EUR 28 million capital gain on disposals; excluding this capital gain, net income rose 12.6% in the first-half of 2000. 1/ Organic Growth Quickens: sales + 8.1%
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs