FRANCE: Danone in talks to sell Galbani to BC Partners
French food manufacturer Danone is reported to be holding exclusive talks with UK fund BC Partners about the sale of Danone's Italian grocery distributor Galbani. According to Italian daily Il Sole 24 Ore , the talks with BC Partners come after exclusive negotiations with Italian dairy giant Parmalat failed to result in a deal. However, talks with Parmalat are ongoing although the agreed period of exclusivity has lapsed. "I think (Danone's talks with parties other than Parmalat) are further ahead," a Parmalat spokesman said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016