FRANCE: Danone in talks to sell Galbani to BC Partners
French food manufacturer Danone is reported to be holding exclusive talks with UK fund BC Partners about the sale of Danone's Italian grocery distributor Galbani. According to Italian daily Il Sole 24 Ore , the talks with BC Partners come after exclusive negotiations with Italian dairy giant Parmalat failed to result in a deal. However, talks with Parmalat are ongoing although the agreed period of exclusivity has lapsed. "I think (Danone's talks with parties other than Parmalat) are further ahead," a Parmalat spokesman said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits