FRANCE: Danone in talks to sell Galbani to BC Partners
French food manufacturer Danone is reported to be holding exclusive talks with UK fund BC Partners about the sale of Danone's Italian grocery distributor Galbani. According to Italian daily Il Sole 24 Ore , the talks with BC Partners come after exclusive negotiations with Italian dairy giant Parmalat failed to result in a deal. However, talks with Parmalat are ongoing although the agreed period of exclusivity has lapsed. "I think (Danone's talks with parties other than Parmalat) are further ahead," a Parmalat spokesman said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs