FRANCE: Danone increase South American biscuit activity
Danone is increasing its interests in South America with a stake in Galletas Noel , the leading biscuit maker in Colombia. Danone is upping its stake from 20% to 30% from June. The deal will cost the companye US$18m. The French food group paid $24m in 1999 for its original stake in the company, which has a 52 % market share in Colombia and exports to 42 countries, mainly in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods