FRANCE: Danone increase South American biscuit activity
Danone is increasing its interests in South America with a stake in Galletas Noel , the leading biscuit maker in Colombia. Danone is upping its stake from 20% to 30% from June. The deal will cost the companye US$18m. The French food group paid $24m in 1999 for its original stake in the company, which has a 52 % market share in Colombia and exports to 42 countries, mainly in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast