SPAIN: Danone invests in Tres Cantos production facility
Danone invests in Spanish production
Danone is investing in increasing the capacity of its dairy production facility in Tres Cantos, Madrid.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food the group is introducing a new line at the site.
"The new production line is dedicated to [our] Danet [yoghurt] product and the investment has been EUR3.9m (US$5m)," the spokesperson said.
The line has the capacity to produce 250m units of Danet per year.
Products will primarily be sold in Spain with some distribution in markets such as France and Portugal, the spokesperson revealed.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch