SPAIN: Danone launches Yolado frozen yoghurt
Danone launches Yolado frozen yoghurt
Danone has expanded its yoghurt offering in Spain with the launch of a frozen yoghurt concept.
Yolado frozen yoghurts are available in five varieties: natural, strawberry and lemon in 125ml cartons and berries and stracciatella in 500ml container. Both formats have an RRP of EUR2.49 (US$3.16).
The frozen yoghurt is being marketed as a healthy alternative to ice cream. Danone is highlighting that the frozen yoghurts are made from "fresh milk and fruit pieces" with an individual strawberry Yolado containing 98 calories.
The company said the product was the result of a "significant" investment in R&D as the group worked to ensure that, after freezing, the yoghurt has a creamy ice cream-like consistency.
A spokesperson for Danone told just-food Yolado is purchased as a chilled yoghurt and then frozen at home.
"As far as we know, it is the first and only product with this characteristic at a worldwide level," the spokesperson said.
Yolado hit the shelves earlier this week (14 May).
Shares in Danone rose today (7 November) after reports activist investor Nelson Peltz had acquired a stake in the French food giant....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti