BRAZIL: Danone leases factory to LAEP
Brazilian dairy firm LAEP Investments has struck a deal to lease a local production facility from French food giant Danone.
Under the agreement, LAEP holds the option to purchase the dairy factory, which is based in the state of Sao Paulo.
LAEP has been busy in recent weeks, striking a deal to buy the Poços de Caldas brand from Danone. The two sides also agreed for LAEP to hold the licence to the Paulista range in Brazil, Bolivia and Paraguay.
Earlier this month, LAEP has also acquired local co-op Agro Pecuária Vale do Rio Doce.
Irene Rosenfeld, CEO of Kraft Foods, has moved up the rankings of Fortune magazine's 50 Most Powerful Women in Business from fifth to second on the back of the success of her ongoing turnaround strate...
China's expanding dairy sector offers substantial growth potential for international dairy groups, many of which have already established a foothold in the country. However, writes Mark Godfrey from B...
India's Wadia Group is looking to raise funds internationally to finance the acquisition of estranged partner Danone's stake in local biscuit maker Britannia Industries....
Danone UK has launched a premium range of functional yoghurts under its Activia brand....
Brands that have emphasised health and nutrition have seen the biggest growth in sales this year, the latest Biggest Brand survey by TNS Worldpanel revealed today (24 September)....
Numico and Danone are to appeal the Dutch Authority for Financial Markets' (AFM) decision to fine the companies for failing to provide financial information in a "timely manner"....
Shares in Nestlé dipped this morning (7 August) in the wake of the publication of its first-half results but analysts remain upbeat about the company's performance....
Danone said that it will continue its trademark battle with the management of Wahaha after a Chinese court ruled against the French food giant yesterday (5 August)....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review