FRANCE: Danone plans fresh dairy plant in Normandy
The new plant, to be named Danone Pays de Bray, will be located at Ferrières-en-Bray where the French group's existing plant has a current output of 115,000 tonnes a year.
The project makes provision for the transfer of activities to Ferrières-en-Bray from another Danone plant situated 40 kilometres away at Neufchâtel-en-Bray and which has an annual output of 60,000 tonnes. Danone says no job losses will result form the merger of the two plants.
The new facility, which could enter service at the end of 2008, will incorporate the creation of two new production lines with an annual output of 40,000 tonnes.
French food giant Danone has sold its 40% stake in German biscuit and cake manufacturer Griesson de Beukelaer....
French investment fund PAI is mulling the sale of its 50% stake in France's Yoplait, best known for its Yop yogurt drinks and Petits Filous children's desserts....
Danone has said that it does not expect the legal wrangle with Chinese joint venture partner Wahaha to have an impact on its full year results....
French food giant Groupe Danone has today (26 April) announced plans to delist from the US stock market....
Groupe Danone has seen rising sales from its dairy business bolster its first-quarter revenue....
French dairy giant Danone has said that it is in ongoing talks with Britannia Industries over intellectual property rights of the Tiger brand....
French cheese maker Fromageries Bel, whose brands include The Laughing Cow, has agreed a deal to buy Ukrainian cheese producer Shostka....
The Wadia Group is reportedly preparing legal action against Danone, its joint venture partner in Britannia Industries, over the company's use of the Tiger biscuit brand in other international markets...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti