SPAIN: Danone QR codes offer discounts
Codes allow consumers to sign up to loyalty scheme and savings
Danone is using QR codes on product packs in Spain to encourage consumers to sign up to a loyalty programme that offers discounts.
The company said Spanish shoppers can save EUR40 (US$53) a month through using the code to connect to its Alimenta Sonrisas scheme. Danone has also developed an app make it easier to scan and sign up.
"We want to help our consumers in these challenging times and new mobile technology provides us with the opportunity to help consumers make savings both quickly and conveniently," Juanjo Sáez-Torres, director of marketing, said.
According to the Instituto Superior para el Desarrollo de Internet, Spain has the second-highest "smartphone penetration level in Europe". Mobile users, it says, download over 2.7m apps a day.
Spain fell into recession in 2011. Data out today said the Spanish economy shrank 0.1% in the second quarter of the year, the smallest drop since the recession started.
M&A levels remained relatively subdued in 2013. Growing private-equity interest and something of a shift in capital flows to mature markets have been significant trends shaping the M&A landscape. Whil...
Danone’s key interests in packaged food are dairy and baby food. The company’s dairy presence however remains overly reliant on the mature Western European market. Baby food growth for the company has...
Danone is primarily a leading company in the dairy products area. Its importance in the soft drinks industry comes from its privileged position in the bottled water subsector in which its successful B...
WhiteWave Foods and Mengniu Dairy are eyeing growth in the Chinese nutrition sector through a tie-up announced earlier this week. The deal will enable WhiteWave to rapidly build scale in the Chinese m...
Danone’s streamlined dairy and baby food portfolio is well in tune with key growth-driving trends in packaged food, including wellness and snacking. It has put a twin strategy in place to address the ...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits