SPAIN: Danone QR codes offer discounts
Codes allow consumers to sign up to loyalty scheme and savings
Danone is using QR codes on product packs in Spain to encourage consumers to sign up to a loyalty programme that offers discounts.
The company said Spanish shoppers can save EUR40 (US$53) a month through using the code to connect to its Alimenta Sonrisas scheme. Danone has also developed an app make it easier to scan and sign up.
"We want to help our consumers in these challenging times and new mobile technology provides us with the opportunity to help consumers make savings both quickly and conveniently," Juanjo Sáez-Torres, director of marketing, said.
According to the Instituto Superior para el Desarrollo de Internet, Spain has the second-highest "smartphone penetration level in Europe". Mobile users, it says, download over 2.7m apps a day.
Spain fell into recession in 2011. Data out today said the Spanish economy shrank 0.1% in the second quarter of the year, the smallest drop since the recession started.
M&A levels remained relatively subdued in 2013. Growing private-equity interest and something of a shift in capital flows to mature markets have been significant trends shaping the M&A landscape. Whil...
WhiteWave Foods and Mengniu Dairy are eyeing growth in the Chinese nutrition sector through a tie-up announced earlier this week. The deal will enable WhiteWave to rapidly build scale in the Chinese m...
Indian food group Hindustan Foods has struck a deal to produce weaning cereals for Danone in the local market....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review