SPAIN: Danone QR codes offer discounts
Codes allow consumers to sign up to loyalty scheme and savings
Danone is using QR codes on product packs in Spain to encourage consumers to sign up to a loyalty programme that offers discounts.
The company said Spanish shoppers can save EUR40 (US$53) a month through using the code to connect to its Alimenta Sonrisas scheme. Danone has also developed an app make it easier to scan and sign up.
"We want to help our consumers in these challenging times and new mobile technology provides us with the opportunity to help consumers make savings both quickly and conveniently," Juanjo Sáez-Torres, director of marketing, said.
According to the Instituto Superior para el Desarrollo de Internet, Spain has the second-highest "smartphone penetration level in Europe". Mobile users, it says, download over 2.7m apps a day.
Spain fell into recession in 2011. Data out today said the Spanish economy shrank 0.1% in the second quarter of the year, the smallest drop since the recession started.
M&A levels remained relatively subdued in 2013. Growing private-equity interest and something of a shift in capital flows to mature markets have been significant trends shaping the M&A landscape. Whil...
Danone is primarily a leading company in the dairy products area. Its importance in the soft drinks industry comes from its privileged position in the bottled water subsector in which its successful B...
Danone’s streamlined dairy and baby food portfolio is well in tune with key growth-driving trends in packaged food, including wellness and snacking. It has put a twin strategy in place to address the ...
WhiteWave Foods and Mengniu Dairy are eyeing growth in the Chinese nutrition sector through a tie-up announced earlier this week. The deal will enable WhiteWave to rapidly build scale in the Chinese m...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- Nestle launches Gerber Lil' Bits
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Associated British Foods plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019