SPAIN: Danone QR codes offer discounts
Codes allow consumers to sign up to loyalty scheme and savings
Danone is using QR codes on product packs in Spain to encourage consumers to sign up to a loyalty programme that offers discounts.
The company said Spanish shoppers can save EUR40 (US$53) a month through using the code to connect to its Alimenta Sonrisas scheme. Danone has also developed an app make it easier to scan and sign up.
"We want to help our consumers in these challenging times and new mobile technology provides us with the opportunity to help consumers make savings both quickly and conveniently," Juanjo Sáez-Torres, director of marketing, said.
According to the Instituto Superior para el Desarrollo de Internet, Spain has the second-highest "smartphone penetration level in Europe". Mobile users, it says, download over 2.7m apps a day.
Spain fell into recession in 2011. Data out today said the Spanish economy shrank 0.1% in the second quarter of the year, the smallest drop since the recession started.
M&A levels remained relatively subdued in 2013. Growing private-equity interest and something of a shift in capital flows to mature markets have been significant trends shaping the M&A landscape. Whil...
WhiteWave Foods and Mengniu Dairy are eyeing growth in the Chinese nutrition sector through a tie-up announced earlier this week. The deal will enable WhiteWave to rapidly build scale in the Chinese m...
Indian food group Hindustan Foods has struck a deal to produce weaning cereals for Danone in the local market....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights