SPAIN: Danone QR codes offer discounts
Codes allow consumers to sign up to loyalty scheme and savings
Danone is using QR codes on product packs in Spain to encourage consumers to sign up to a loyalty programme that offers discounts.
The company said Spanish shoppers can save EUR40 (US$53) a month through using the code to connect to its Alimenta Sonrisas scheme. Danone has also developed an app make it easier to scan and sign up.
"We want to help our consumers in these challenging times and new mobile technology provides us with the opportunity to help consumers make savings both quickly and conveniently," Juanjo Sáez-Torres, director of marketing, said.
According to the Instituto Superior para el Desarrollo de Internet, Spain has the second-highest "smartphone penetration level in Europe". Mobile users, it says, download over 2.7m apps a day.
Spain fell into recession in 2011. Data out today said the Spanish economy shrank 0.1% in the second quarter of the year, the smallest drop since the recession started.
M&A levels remained relatively subdued in 2013. Growing private-equity interest and something of a shift in capital flows to mature markets have been significant trends shaping the M&A landscape. Whil...
Danone’s streamlined dairy and baby food portfolio is well in tune with key growth-driving trends in packaged food, including wellness and snacking. It has put a twin strategy in place to address the ...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
WhiteWave Foods and Mengniu Dairy are eyeing growth in the Chinese nutrition sector through a tie-up announced earlier this week. The deal will enable WhiteWave to rapidly build scale in the Chinese m...
Indian food group Hindustan Foods has struck a deal to produce weaning cereals for Danone in the local market....
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019