FRANCE: Danone "raises offer for Pfizer baby food unit"
The bid, according to news website WanSquare, is close to US$11bn in an attempt to outbid rival Nestle, the publication has said.
Reports this week have suggested that Pfizer is nearing a deal to sell its infant nutrition unit for $9-10bn, with European food major Nestle also cited as a potential buyer.
Pfizer has insisted it will get maximum value for its shareholders out of any move to separate its infant nutrition business.
More to follow.......
Swiss food giant has revealed that it plans to double the number of research and development facilities it operates in China from two to four next year. ...
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- Arla launches "nutrient-enriched" milk in UK