FRANCE: Danone "raises offer for Pfizer baby food unit"
The bid, according to news website WanSquare, is close to US$11bn in an attempt to outbid rival Nestle, the publication has said.
Reports this week have suggested that Pfizer is nearing a deal to sell its infant nutrition unit for $9-10bn, with European food major Nestle also cited as a potential buyer.
Pfizer has insisted it will get maximum value for its shareholders out of any move to separate its infant nutrition business.
More to follow.......
Swiss food giant has revealed that it plans to double the number of research and development facilities it operates in China from two to four next year. ...
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- US performance weighs on General Mills