FRANCE: Danone "raises offer for Pfizer baby food unit"
The bid, according to news website WanSquare, is close to US$11bn in an attempt to outbid rival Nestle, the publication has said.
Reports this week have suggested that Pfizer is nearing a deal to sell its infant nutrition unit for $9-10bn, with European food major Nestle also cited as a potential buyer.
Pfizer has insisted it will get maximum value for its shareholders out of any move to separate its infant nutrition business.
More to follow.......
Swiss food giant has revealed that it plans to double the number of research and development facilities it operates in China from two to four next year. ...
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm