FRANCE: Danone "raises offer for Pfizer baby food unit"
The bid, according to news website WanSquare, is close to US$11bn in an attempt to outbid rival Nestle, the publication has said.
Reports this week have suggested that Pfizer is nearing a deal to sell its infant nutrition unit for $9-10bn, with European food major Nestle also cited as a potential buyer.
Pfizer has insisted it will get maximum value for its shareholders out of any move to separate its infant nutrition business.
More to follow.......
Swiss food giant has revealed that it plans to double the number of research and development facilities it operates in China from two to four next year. ...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Heinz to cut 71 jobs at UK plant