FRANCE: Danone "raises offer for Pfizer baby food unit"
The bid, according to news website WanSquare, is close to US$11bn in an attempt to outbid rival Nestle, the publication has said.
Reports this week have suggested that Pfizer is nearing a deal to sell its infant nutrition unit for $9-10bn, with European food major Nestle also cited as a potential buyer.
Pfizer has insisted it will get maximum value for its shareholders out of any move to separate its infant nutrition business.
More to follow.......
Swiss food giant has revealed that it plans to double the number of research and development facilities it operates in China from two to four next year. ...
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious