UK: Danone rapped over Aptamil, Pronutra+ advertising
Danone rapped over ad campaign
The UK's advertising watchdog has said a campaign from Danone for its Aptamil with Pronutra+ breached advertising standards because it created confusion "between infant formula and follow-on formula".
Danone launched Pronutra+ in the UK in June last year. The range of follow-on formula and "growing up milk", aimed at babies over six months and toddlers, is part of the Aptamil line of baby food products.
However, in its ruling the UK Advertising Standards Authority said a number of adverts in Danone's marketing initiative for Pronutra+ blurred the lines between follow-on and infant formula. UK law prohibits the advertising of infant formula and states that "marketing communications must not confuse between infant and follow-on formula", the ASA said.
"We considered that, despite the fact that the ads appeared as part of a wider advertising campaign, it would not be possible to accurately predict consumers' prior knowledge of the Pronutra+ product range and, especially in view of the specific legislation to which the marketing of formula products was subject, it was necessary for [Danone formula arm] Nutricia to ensure that each ad made clear the status of the product being advertised."
The regulator launched its investigation into the advertising campaign following a complaint from Nestle and two members of the public.
In its concluding remarks, the ASA said the ads "must not appear again in their current form".
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle Pakistan Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
Danone SA - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and ...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report