FRANCE: Danone reports 2002 like-for-like sales growth of 6%
French food giant Danone has reported a 1.18% decline in 2002 operating profit to €1.59bn (US$1.72bn) on sales down 6.3% to €13.56bn. Danone also said, however, that like-for-like sales growth was 6% in 2002 and that it had reduced its net debt to €2.27bn from €4.83bn in 2001. Net profit increased to €1.28bn, after one-off charges had driven it down to €132m in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action