AFRICA: Danone silent over Brookside Dairy acquisition rumours
Danone has refused to comment on speculation it is to acquire Brookside Dairy in Africa
Danone has taken a vow of silence over talks it is to acquire a stake in East African dairy company Brookside Dairy.
"We never comment on rumour," a spokesperson for the French food group told just-food after reports linking it to Kenya-based Brookside.
Danone made that investment in a joint venture with private-equity firm The Abraaj Group.
Abraaj is a long-standing partner of Brookside Dairy, which also operates in Tanzania and Uganda and exports its products to several African countries. It collects around 95% of Kenya's milk and processes it at its Ruiru plant before distributing it across three national depots.
According to local paper The Africa Report, Danone is looking to takeover the minority shares owned by Abraaj in the dairy firm.
Danone declined to comment when approached by just-food.
Danone SA (BN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData t...
Danone SA - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and ...
"Danone : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key ...
Danone is the number two French dairy company and it owes its status to a portfolio of world known and strong brands, including Danone and Activia. Danone is very well positioned to take advantage of ...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- Arla confirms extent of job cuts after Russia ban