AFRICA: Danone silent over Brookside Dairy acquisition rumours
Danone has refused to comment on speculation it is to acquire Brookside Dairy in Africa
Danone has taken a vow of silence over talks it is to acquire a stake in East African dairy company Brookside Dairy.
"We never comment on rumour," a spokesperson for the French food group told just-food after reports linking it to Kenya-based Brookside.
Danone made that investment in a joint venture with private-equity firm The Abraaj Group.
Abraaj is a long-standing partner of Brookside Dairy, which also operates in Tanzania and Uganda and exports its products to several African countries. It collects around 95% of Kenya's milk and processes it at its Ruiru plant before distributing it across three national depots.
According to local paper The Africa Report, Danone is looking to takeover the minority shares owned by Abraaj in the dairy firm.
Danone declined to comment when approached by just-food.
Danone is the number two French dairy company and it owes its status to a portfolio of world known and strong brands, including Danone and Activia. Danone is very well positioned to take advantage of ...
Danone is the fourth largest health and wellness player, and while its core market is Western Europe it is concentrating ever more on emerging markets, in particular Asia Pacific and Latin America. Da...
Al Safi Danone aims to strengthen its position in dairy in Saudi Arabia and GCC countries through the provision of fresh products and heavy investment in product innovation and marketing....
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Beverage Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global beverage industry. Detailed compan...
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform