AFRICA: Danone silent over Brookside Dairy acquisition rumours
Danone has refused to comment on speculation it is to acquire Brookside Dairy in Africa
Danone has taken a vow of silence over talks it is to acquire a stake in East African dairy company Brookside Dairy.
"We never comment on rumour," a spokesperson for the French food group told just-food after reports linking it to Kenya-based Brookside.
Danone made that investment in a joint venture with private-equity firm The Abraaj Group.
Abraaj is a long-standing partner of Brookside Dairy, which also operates in Tanzania and Uganda and exports its products to several African countries. It collects around 95% of Kenya's milk and processes it at its Ruiru plant before distributing it across three national depots.
According to local paper The Africa Report, Danone is looking to takeover the minority shares owned by Abraaj in the dairy firm.
Danone declined to comment when approached by just-food.
Danone SA - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and ...
Danone is the number two French dairy company and it owes its status to a portfolio of world known and strong brands, including Danone and Activia. Danone is very well positioned to take advantage of ...
The strategic direction of Danone continues to focus on two pillars: the first is to keep launching new products and new packaging and innovations in the Brazilian market. The second pillar is to deve...
The main strategy of Danone in Romania consists of attracting consumers with affordable prices, promotions and new product launches. 90% of the Danone brands sold in Romania are manufactured locally i...
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer