HUNGARY: Danone suspends planned Hungarian closure
The general management of the Danone group has confirmed that it is suspending its plan to close the Györi Keksz factory in Györ Hungary. The company has agreed to enter into discussions on the future of the plant with the trade union representing plant workers and the national federation of foodworkers' unions EDOSZ. The closure would have resulted in the suppression of 657 jobs by 2003. Danone acquired the plant relatively recently (in November 2000) as part of its acquisition of United Biscuits factories in a number of countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth