US: Danone targets kids with Greek yoghurt NPD
Danone has launched a Greek yoghurt product in the US aimed at children.
The French group has introduced Danimals Superstars, which will compete with Chobani Champions, a kids line introduced by rival Chobani in 2011.
Danone sought to highlight the protein in the product, a common tactic among Greek yoghurt producers. It said Danimals Superstars had "twice as much protein as regular low-fat yoghurt".
The product, on sale across the US, comes in four-ounce, four-count packages. It has five flavours, including strawberry banana sprint and mixed berry half-pipe.
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition