US: Danone targets kids with Greek yoghurt NPD
Danone has launched a Greek yoghurt product in the US aimed at children.
The French group has introduced Danimals Superstars, which will compete with Chobani Champions, a kids line introduced by rival Chobani in 2011.
Danone sought to highlight the protein in the product, a common tactic among Greek yoghurt producers. It said Danimals Superstars had "twice as much protein as regular low-fat yoghurt".
The product, on sale across the US, comes in four-ounce, four-count packages. It has five flavours, including strawberry banana sprint and mixed berry half-pipe.
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets