US: Danone targets kids with Greek yoghurt NPD
Danone has launched a Greek yoghurt product in the US aimed at children.
The French group has introduced Danimals Superstars, which will compete with Chobani Champions, a kids line introduced by rival Chobani in 2011.
Danone sought to highlight the protein in the product, a common tactic among Greek yoghurt producers. It said Danimals Superstars had "twice as much protein as regular low-fat yoghurt".
The product, on sale across the US, comes in four-ounce, four-count packages. It has five flavours, including strawberry banana sprint and mixed berry half-pipe.
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Brexit and UK food market policymaking
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Dairy Crest sees "momentum" in spreads
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Mars launches frozen desserts range
- Campbell takes Unilever to court in Australia