US: Danone targets kids with Greek yoghurt NPD
Danone has launched a Greek yoghurt product in the US aimed at children.
The French group has introduced Danimals Superstars, which will compete with Chobani Champions, a kids line introduced by rival Chobani in 2011.
Danone sought to highlight the protein in the product, a common tactic among Greek yoghurt producers. It said Danimals Superstars had "twice as much protein as regular low-fat yoghurt".
The product, on sale across the US, comes in four-ounce, four-count packages. It has five flavours, including strawberry banana sprint and mixed berry half-pipe.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016