HUNGARY: Danone to announce fate of biscuit factory on Monday
The controversial fate of the Gyori Keksz biscuit factory in Gyor, Hungary, is set to be revealed on 2 July (Monday), when French food major Danone will announce its final decision on production restructure plans at the plant. Danone's earlier announcement caused protests by trade unionists when it was revealed that the plant would be closed because of company restructure plans, a move that would see the loss of around 600 jobs and biscuit production moved to its other Hungarian plant in Szekesfehervar. The company responded by saying that it would devise a scheme to retain the factory.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund