FRANCE: Danone to close six biscuit production sites in five European countries
The Danone group has announced plans to restructure its European biscuit operations. The company said it would be closing down six production sites in five countries, while downsizing five plants, and expanding five others. The company plans to cut 1,780 jobs as part of a Europe-wide restructuring of its biscuit division by June 2000. The French food group said a further twenty sites will be unaffected by its plans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail