FRANCE: Danone to close two French biscuit factories soon
French food group Danone is to cease production at two if its biscuit plants in France at the end of March as part of its ongoing restructuring plan.
In March 2001, Danone said it planned to restructure its European biscuit operations, with the closure of five factories, including the French plants in Calais and Evry.
The company has already stopped production at its Dortrecht site in the Netherlands, while the Locate site in Italy will stop in the middle of 2003 and the Beveren site in Belgium will stop production at the end of this year.
Danone said the closures affected 797 employees in France and 1,231 abroad. The company said that 56% of those French employees and 81% of those abroad have been redeployed within the group or outside it, reported Reuters.
French food company Groupe Danone, the subject of takeover speculation, has reported a rise in sales in the first half of 2005 to €6.437bn (US$7.8bn), compared with 6.257bn a year ago....
The French government is concerned by the possibility of a hostile takeover of dairy company Danone, and would defend French interests in that regard, said prime minister Dominique de Villepin, accord...
Dairy food group Danone has appointed group secretary general Philippe-Loïc Jacob and vice-president R&D Sven Thormahlen to the Groupe Danone executive committee, in a move designed to ensure that all...
French food group Danone said on Monday that it planned to sell its Amoy sauce business in Asia, an asset that wasn't part of the sale of its sauce business to H J Heinz, according to the Dow Jones ne...
Biscuit-maker Poult has acquired Brittany-based family firm Panier Tanguy to become France's second biggest biscuit producer in the sector behind Danone's LU and the leading manufacturer of retailers'...
Danone's French biscuit-making and cereal products arm, LU France, has signed a lease agreement with distribution facilities and services provider ProLogis to occupy two warehouses near Paris and Lyon...
HP Foods, maker of HP and Lea & Perrins sauces, has attracted at least three offers, valuing the company at up to £500m (US$906m), according to the Financial Times....
France's Groupe Danone and Japan's Yakult Honsha have today (Tuesday) announced plans for a joint venture in India....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review