FRANCE: Danone to shut three Europe dairy plants, 325 jobs axed
Danone has announced the closure of three European dairy plants
Declining consumer spend has forced Danone to respond with the announcement it is to close three European dairy sites - a move which sees 325 jobs axed.
The firm issued a statement saying sales in the region had been hit by a "lasting downturn" in the European economy since 2010.
"The group's Fresh Dairy Products division in Europe has seen overall business fall back, with local cases of surplus capacity," it added.
Sites in Casale Cremasco, Italy; Hagenow, Germany; and Budapest, Hungary "all countries particularly hard hit by the fall in sales" would be closed when the project is fully implemented by mid-2015.
Danone has preciously indicated that its European dairy business is dragging down its group result and the company plans to generate more than EUR200m (US$275.86m) in cost savings in the region by year-end.
Danone SA - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Danone is the number two French dairy company and it owes its status to a portfolio of world known and strong brands, including Danone and Activia. Danone is very well positioned to take advantage of ...
The main strategy of Danone in Romania consists of attracting consumers with affordable prices, promotions and new product launches. 90% of the Danone brands sold in Romania are manufactured locally i...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus