FRANCE: Danone to shut three Europe dairy plants, 325 jobs axed
Danone has announced the closure of three European dairy plants
Declining consumer spend has forced Danone to respond with the announcement it is to close three European dairy sites - a move which sees 325 jobs axed.
The firm issued a statement saying sales in the region had been hit by a "lasting downturn" in the European economy since 2010.
"The group's Fresh Dairy Products division in Europe has seen overall business fall back, with local cases of surplus capacity," it added.
Sites in Casale Cremasco, Italy; Hagenow, Germany; and Budapest, Hungary "all countries particularly hard hit by the fall in sales" would be closed when the project is fully implemented by mid-2015.
Danone has preciously indicated that its European dairy business is dragging down its group result and the company plans to generate more than EUR200m (US$275.86m) in cost savings in the region by year-end.
Danone SA - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and ...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Danone is the number two French dairy company and it owes its status to a portfolio of world known and strong brands, including Danone and Activia. Danone is very well positioned to take advantage of ...
Al Safi Danone aims to strengthen its position in dairy in Saudi Arabia and GCC countries through the provision of fresh products and heavy investment in product innovation and marketing....
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer