NEW ZEALAND: Danone touted as likely buyer of New Zealand Dairy Foods
French food manufacturing colossus Danone has been earmarked as a likely candidate to buy Fonterra subsidiary New Zealand Dairy Foods . The French group recently bought Frucor Beverages , the NZ soft drinks group, and is estimated to be the prime candidate among the five potential bidders for Dairy Foods. Danone is remaining characteristically tight-lipped on the subject, but is reported by the Australian press as being on the brink of pursuing due diligence on the company. Dutch bank
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations