FRANCE/JAPAN: Danone will not go hostile on Yakult
The Activia maker told just-food it had no plans to move to try to increase its 20% shareholding.
"The only comment I can make is that Danone does not plan to launch a hostile takeover to raise its stake in Yakult Honsha," a spokesperson said.
There was speculation last year that Danone wanted to increase its stake in Yakult. In May, Reuters reported a Yakult executive as saying the company did not want Danone to up its stake.
However, last week, a Yakult spokesperson, speaking to Bloomberg, said talks were continuing between the companies.
The Danone spokesperson refused to be drawn further on the situation.
Danone’s key interests in packaged food are dairy and baby food. The company’s dairy presence however remains overly reliant on the mature Western European market. Baby food growth for the company has...
After the company was acquired by Groupe Danone, the process of business integration commenced. Business processes and product portfolio optimisation resulted in new product launches and acquisitions....
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm