FRANCE/JAPAN: Danone will not go hostile on Yakult
The Activia maker told just-food it had no plans to move to try to increase its 20% shareholding.
"The only comment I can make is that Danone does not plan to launch a hostile takeover to raise its stake in Yakult Honsha," a spokesperson said.
There was speculation last year that Danone wanted to increase its stake in Yakult. In May, Reuters reported a Yakult executive as saying the company did not want Danone to up its stake.
However, last week, a Yakult spokesperson, speaking to Bloomberg, said talks were continuing between the companies.
The Danone spokesperson refused to be drawn further on the situation.
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Mars rice policy more than crop-ticking exercise
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus