FRANCE/JAPAN: Danone will not go hostile on Yakult
The Activia maker told just-food it had no plans to move to try to increase its 20% shareholding.
"The only comment I can make is that Danone does not plan to launch a hostile takeover to raise its stake in Yakult Honsha," a spokesperson said.
There was speculation last year that Danone wanted to increase its stake in Yakult. In May, Reuters reported a Yakult executive as saying the company did not want Danone to up its stake.
However, last week, a Yakult spokesperson, speaking to Bloomberg, said talks were continuing between the companies.
The Danone spokesperson refused to be drawn further on the situation.
Danone’s key interests in packaged food are dairy and baby food. The company’s dairy presence however remains overly reliant on the mature Western European market. Baby food growth for the company has...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Functional Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Cereals and Grains, Beverages, Dairy Products, Snacks, and Other Functional...
After the company was acquired by Groupe Danone, the process of business integration commenced. Business processes and product portfolio optimisation resulted in new product launches and acquisitions....
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- Industry awaits WHO reply on beefed-up ad pledges
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Focus: Does size matter for Thai Union Frozen?
- Kellogg, Burton's, Ulker "on UB bid shortlist"
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre