FRANCE/JAPAN: Danone will not go hostile on Yakult
The Activia maker told just-food it had no plans to move to try to increase its 20% shareholding.
"The only comment I can make is that Danone does not plan to launch a hostile takeover to raise its stake in Yakult Honsha," a spokesperson said.
There was speculation last year that Danone wanted to increase its stake in Yakult. In May, Reuters reported a Yakult executive as saying the company did not want Danone to up its stake.
However, last week, a Yakult spokesperson, speaking to Bloomberg, said talks were continuing between the companies.
The Danone spokesperson refused to be drawn further on the situation.
Danone’s key interests in packaged food are dairy and baby food. The company’s dairy presence however remains overly reliant on the mature Western European market. Baby food growth for the company has...
After the company was acquired by Groupe Danone, the process of business integration commenced. Business processes and product portfolio optimisation resulted in new product launches and acquisitions....
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report