UK: Dansk fills Netto managing director role
William Smith will oversee the planned transition of Netto Foodstores to Asda
Smith's appointment as managing director follows Charles Kay's departure earlier this month.
Smith, Netto's UK property director, will continue to head up the Netto integration team, overseeing the planned transition of Netto Foodstores to Asda after the retailer entered an agreement to purchase all of Netto's 194 UK stores in May.
He will take up the role with immediate effect.
The publication of first-quarter numbers rumbles on this week, with eyes turning to the latest financial performance at Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer....
Last week's column featured news of takeover interest in Ralcorp Holdings, the US food group behind a swathe of private-label products and the Post cereals brand - and since then, ConAgra Foods has de...
Zetar, the UK confectioner and snack maker, is looking to drive branded sales to account for half its turnover in four years time....
Asda, the UK supermarket arm of Wal-Mart Stores, today (17 May) announced that it plans to invest GBP27m (US$43.8m) in improving the quality of its fresh food business....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report