USA: Dare Foods expands with acquisition of Culinar businesses
Dare Foods Limited announced today that it will acquire the cookie, fine bread and soup businesses of Culinar Inc., under a partnership agreement signed with Saputo Inc. of Montreal. This transaction is expected to be completed by mid July, subject to the usual closing conditions and Competition Bureau approval. This acquisition effectively doubles Dare's Canadian business and gives it the second largest retail market share in the cookie category in Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs