USA: Dare Foods expands with acquisition of Culinar businesses
Dare Foods Limited announced today that it will acquire the cookie, fine bread and soup businesses of Culinar Inc., under a partnership agreement signed with Saputo Inc. of Montreal. This transaction is expected to be completed by mid July, subject to the usual closing conditions and Competition Bureau approval. This acquisition effectively doubles Dare's Canadian business and gives it the second largest retail market share in the cookie category in Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund