USA: Dare Foods expands with acquisition of Culinar businesses
Dare Foods Limited announced today that it will acquire the cookie, fine bread and soup businesses of Culinar Inc., under a partnership agreement signed with Saputo Inc. of Montreal. This transaction is expected to be completed by mid July, subject to the usual closing conditions and Competition Bureau approval. This acquisition effectively doubles Dare's Canadian business and gives it the second largest retail market share in the cookie category in Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid