USA: Dare Foods expands with acquisition of Culinar businesses
Dare Foods Limited announced today that it will acquire the cookie, fine bread and soup businesses of Culinar Inc., under a partnership agreement signed with Saputo Inc. of Montreal. This transaction is expected to be completed by mid July, subject to the usual closing conditions and Competition Bureau approval. This acquisition effectively doubles Dare's Canadian business and gives it the second largest retail market share in the cookie category in Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry