CANADA: Dare Foods hires Heinz's Luik as president
Canadian food group Dare Foods has appointed Heinz executive Peter Luik president of the company.
Dare Foods, which makes biscuits, snacks and bread, said Luik would join the company next month. He will replace Lee Andrews, who is leaving to "pursue other opportunities".
Luik was president and CEO of Heinz's business in Canada. Privately-owned Dare Foods said Luik had "delivered outstanding annual sales and profit growth and consistent quarterly achievement" in the role.
Dare Foods has seven plants in Canada and the US. Its products are sold in North America, Mexico, Sweden and the Far East.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food that Dare is now looking to drive growth of its business.
"We want to achieve growth by increasing distribution in new channels and geographies; acquiring branded businesses in our categories that provide us with unique products that are consistent with our philosophy of providing high quality great tasting food; and continued innovation," the spokesperson said.
In the wake of the Heinz deal, Ben Cooper examines whether private-equity investors are changing their attitudes towards sustainability as some prominent players in the sector are claiming....
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report