USA: Date set for General Mills special shareholders meeting on Pillsbury acquisition
General Mills (NYSE: GIS) said on Friday (3 NOvember) that the Securities and Exchange Commission has completed its review of the shareholder proxy statement concerning General Mills' proposed acquisition of The Pillsbury Company from Diageo. Proxy statements will be mailed on or about November 8, 2000, to General Mills shareholders of record as of October 16, 2000. The special meeting of General Mills shareholders to vote on this issue has been scheduled for Friday, December 8, 2000, at the Grand Hotel in Minneapolis, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time. This meeting will be webcast live and can be accessed through the company's web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea