USA: Date set for General Mills special shareholders meeting on Pillsbury acquisition
General Mills (NYSE: GIS) said on Friday (3 NOvember) that the Securities and Exchange Commission has completed its review of the shareholder proxy statement concerning General Mills' proposed acquisition of The Pillsbury Company from Diageo. Proxy statements will be mailed on or about November 8, 2000, to General Mills shareholders of record as of October 16, 2000. The special meeting of General Mills shareholders to vote on this issue has been scheduled for Friday, December 8, 2000, at the Grand Hotel in Minneapolis, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time. This meeting will be webcast live and can be accessed through the company's web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex