EU: David Byrne says EU food sector has to drive innovation
Innovation in the farming and food sector is a vital issue to which Europe will need to devote significant attention and energy in the coming years, said David Byrne, EU Commissioner for Health and Consumer Protection. At the Informal Agriculture Council in Nyborg today [Tuesday], Byrne said he regards it as essential in relation to food safety, tracability, food quality, new products and animal welfare. European policies look to further development on the basis of increased interaction between enterprise, research and consumer policies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival