AUSTRALIA: David Jones optimistic for Foodchain turnaround
Upmarket Australian food retailer Foodchain says it will open six more stores in an attempt to bring the group close to profitability by the end of next year. Owner David Jones also said the group expects to open 40 stores within the next six years, together worth A$500m (US$252.6m). This would allow the group to capture about 1% of the A$42bn Australian grocery market, reported Sydney's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods