AUSTRALIA: David Jones to scale back plans for Foodchain
Market watchers are waiting for Australian retailer David Jones to reveal that it is to reduce its Foodchain venture. David Jones is likely to admit that the business will be downsized as part of its strategic review when it releases its Q3 results. Foodchain is still producing running losses that could detract from David Jones' department store business. Further speculation was raised after Julie Coates, executive responsible for the food business, left the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch